Next Race in

June 2010

Further race info to come

Continue to support!!

A simple way to donate. Click and it will aid you in paying online thru PayPal.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Energy switch

It seems like most of my training is about biking.  Well probably because right now that is what I love doing the most.  This weekend I went with two friends on a 22 mile bike ride.  It was a really flat course and we were able to maintain an average speed of about 20mph.  I thought we did pretty good.
Let me also tell you I am now sold on energy gels.  The last several rides I have ditched the energy drink and used only energy gels about every 10 miles.  They work great.  This last ride I tried the Hammer Apple-Cinnamon energy gel.  The flavor was great.  The best I have had from any energy gel.  To me it tasted like eating some apple pie.  Like I said it was the best flavor I have had so far.  I still need to find another flavor I like so I can switch out between the two.

2 comments:

  1. Try the Roctane Blueberry Pomegranite. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck tomorrow. We think this is a wonderful thing you are doing. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete